Water Damage Restoration Services
- First and foremost – Don’t panic – Safety is your primary concern.
- Find the source of the water intrusion and stop it. Contact a water damage restoration professional to remove and clean up the water to avoid further water damage. Mold can begin as early as 48 hours after a water damage has occurred. Check your homeowner’s insurance policy to see if you are covered for a water damage and/or mold coverage.
- If you encounter standing water, do not enter the room if the electricity is on.
- Do not use a household vacuum to remove the water. Relocate all wet items on floor to a safe location.
- Do not assume because you have cleaned up the water and no more water is visible, that it is dry. Contact a water damage restoration professional to test and assess the situation by checking for wet floors, wet walls and other affected areas for moisture.
- If your water damage is extensive, contact your insurance company and file a claim.
- Take pictures of any standing water, wet carpet/pad, damage to your furniture, contents, belongings, etc.
- If you must leave your home during the restoration process, keep receipts for hotels, meals, etc. Make a list of all damaged items. This will assist your insurance company in assessing the amount of the damage to your home and belongings.
- If you reside in the Largo, Seminole, Clearwater, Pinellas Park, St. Petersburg or beach areas, contact AAA Water Damage 727-501-WATER (9283). We will come out to your home or business and assess the water intrusion to determine the extent of water migration to your floors, walls and/or ceilings. We will take photos of your damage, extract and clean up the water. If necessary, we will remove any wet carpet and pad, relocate your furniture and contents to a safe location, and set up the necessary drying equipment throughout to begin the drying process. Baseboards may also need to be removed to access wet walls for drying. We will take daily moisture readings and remove the equipment as each area returns to an acceptable moisture level.
- We are insurance experts and if desired, will speak directly to your insurance adjuster assisting with the claim on your behalf.
- Once all equipment is removed and the property has returned to acceptable moisture levels, we can assist in the repair/restoration process and complete a smooth transition to get you back into your property as quickly as possible.Here are some examples of water damage found in properties that are left untreated:
No job is too small or too large whether you reside in Largo, Seminole, Clearwater, Pinellas Park, St. Petersburg, the beaches or surrounding areas and need leak detection services or have a water damage emergency from a toilet overflow, water heater leak, AC leak, pipe break, storm damage or roof leak,
Call AAA Water Damage – 727-501-WATER (9283).